Sunday, September 14, 2014

Faut pas croire tout ce qu'on dit!

As the campaigning for the referendum enters it's last week, the journalists here in Montreal are looking for Scots on both sides of the debate to pull into their newspaper articles and onto their radio shows to speak up on what they think. Fully with the  slant of how it reflects on the situation here of course, as that's what their audience rightly wants to know.

To this end, I was contacted by a researcher for a show on Radio Canada Premiere, the French language station for Radio Canada here in Montreal, to see if I would like to speak with them. They contacted and asked K first, but she politely declined and gave them my name. Media whore that I seem to have become, I said yes.

The show was this afternoon. It was really very interesting being  in the radio studio. I was nervous about it for sure, all morning, but once there, I was put at ease by the broadcasters and other guests, and had no issues during the show. The full audio of the show can be found here. It's 50 minutes long, and I think I say about 3 sentences in that whole time. The show is set up as a forum for debate, but I think they invited at least one too many speakers on the show, (the last guy in Sweden could have easily been cut with no detriment to the show IMHO). Maybe they overbooked as they weren't sure they would get everyone on the day. So, as a debate on Independence, not great, as a life experience, going on the radio in French, way cool!

I have another invite for Monday morning (at 6.40am), but this one in in English, if but for only 20 minutes, maybe less, debating with another Scot in Montreal from the no side. I have not met this gentleman yet, so don't know what to expect. James, the Scot who was on the show today speaking for the No, is of course a friend, and we interviewed together for the La Presse article, so I knew his thoughts on the matter before going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment